- Switch off all heating appliances if the power fails. Fires have been caused when power returns unexpectedly.
- Switch off before pulling out a plug. Grasp the plug – not the cord.
- Do not spray household cleaners and insecticides on power points or switches. They may cause cracking and an electrical hazard.
- Combustible material must be kept clear of all heating appliances, such as bedding, clothes, curtains, furniture, newspapers.
- Wear dry leather gloves when welding. Touching the electrode can be dangerous because of the voltage present.
- When using an electric blanket, tie the tapes of the electric blanket to prevent creasing.
- Teach children that power points and appliances are not toys. It is dangerous for children to touch live pins of plugs. Plastic covers for power points reduce the chance of children inserting objects.
- Some overseas products may not operate satisfactorily or safely under Australian conditions using 240V 50Hz supply. These products could be hazardous if used without modification. Have them checked before use.
If you have any other questions on Electricity safety be sure to give Chris a call 0403 261 256